Paul's areas of expertise include:
- Professional indemnity
- Financial Professionals
- Policy coverage
Paul's experience includes:
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 1992.
- Wealth of experience in advising insurers on policy related matters and in the defence of claims against a wide range of their professional insureds, most notably solicitors, financial service providers, accountants, construction professionals and brokers.
- Defending claims to trial and subsequent appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration.
- Resolution of disputes before the Financial Ombudsman and Pensions Ombudsman
- Claims handling
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Birmingham Law Society
Paul Chaplin of DWF LLP is praised by clients for being "incredibly helpful, and he spends time explaining the finer points in layman terms." He is particularly renowned for assisting insurers with claims involving solicitors, financial services and construction professionals.”
Chambers & Partners 2018
Paul Chaplin heads the practice and offers remarkable expertise in assisting insurers with claims against solicitors and financial services and construction professionals. He is widely respected among sources, one of whom notes: “He’s very responsive, no-nonsense and efficient, and he’s a human being so he’s got a bit of a sense of humour as well. I can’t fault him in any way, actually.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
“A team that goes ‘beyond the call of duty’, according to clients, Triton Legal (formerly Robin Simon LLP)’s group is led by Paul Chaplin; ‘his team is outstanding in its service delivery and in achieving positive outcomes’.
Legal 500 2015
Department head Paul Chaplin continues to be a dominant presence on the defendant side of the market. Many clients praise his service, with one saying “His attention to details and his memory of things that have gone on in individual cases are actually outstanding”. He is well reputed for advising insurers on policy coverage and defending claims against architects and financial service professionals.”
Chambers & Partners 2015