Michele is widely regarded in Italy as a specialist in acquisition finance, mergers and acquisitions and finance related transactions.
He frequently advises multinational and domestic companies in energy-related project financings, corporate restructurings and M&A transactions. He also acts for private equity investors and major international sponsors in leveraged finance transactions.
His significant experience enables him to assist long-term investors in all phases of the investment cycle - including creation of the appropriate investment structures, the establishment of joint ventures with co-investors to the acquisition, as well as financing, management and sale of assets.
He has a deep understanding of the technical, regulatory and financial issues relevant to corporate, energy, infrastructure and real estate projects and has a pragmatic approach to deal-making.
Michele has gained a significant reputation in Italian business circles in his areas of expertise and sits as a board member in major leading international corporations.
Michele is recognised as a highly regarded professional for corporate finance according to Chambers Europe.
- Assisted Advanced Medical Imaging Development S.r.l.'s quotaholders, in the sale of the entire corporate capital to Medis Medical Imaging Systems B.V. (May 2020)
- Assisted STEAG Solar Energy Solutions in the acquisition of a project pipeline with a total capacity of around 500 megawatt-peak (MWp) of PV projects under development in Sicily (December 2019)
- Assisted BF & Company S.p.A. in the structuring of a club deal of selected investors who, together with BF & Company and in partnership with its current founding partners, have taken over Gardening S.r.l. (November 2019)
- Assisted Fujitsu Group in the sale of 100% of the shares of Fujitsu Technology Solutions S.p.A. to a subsidiary of LIVIA Corporate Development SE (September 2019)
- Clients describe Michele Cicchetti of DWF LLP as a "great problem solver who is fast at understanding clients' needs." He is particularly experienced in energy projects, and receives further praise for his "speed, precision and attention to detail."
Chambers Europe 2018
- Interviewees describe Michele Cicchetti as "a very good leader, very commercial, available and committed to finding a solution."
Chambers Europe 2017
- “Michele Cicchetti of DWF Italy provides quick, effective and solution-centric advice," say clients. "He is always available and extremely quick at finding the right solution”
Chambers Europe 2016