Mark has over 25 years’ experience as a lawyer, and has specialised in employment law for much of his career. He spends most of his time helping employers resolve problems associated with their workforce. He has appeared as an advocate in hearings before the Fair Work Commission, both at first instance and on appeal.
Mark’s areas of particular expertise include:
- Implementing enterprise agreements, employment contracts and consultancy contracts.
- Effecting change in workplaces through restructures, mergers, and termination of employment generally.
- Advising on employee misconduct, performance management, management of ill and injured workers and employee entitlements.
- Defending unfair dismissal claims, general protections and discrimination applications, breach of contract proceedings, and prosecutions for non-compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
In his spare time, Mark enjoys spending time with his family.
- Included in the Best Lawyers Australia list for Employee Benefits Law, 2021
- Included in the Best Lawyers Australia list for Labour and Employment Law, 2021
- Leading Lawyer, Labour and Employment, Asia Law 2018 & 2017
- Recommended by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyer, Brisbane, 2016
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Queensland Industrial Relations Society
- Queensland Law Society
Advisor, Advisory Board Centre