ExperienceIzabela Szczygielska focuses on full spectrum of issues connected with employment law and social insurance law, including labour disputes, pensions, individual and collective redundancies, relations with trade unions and social insurance istitutions. She advises in developing internal policies and strategies, compliance, conducting internal investigations, preparation of internal regulations and policies, including whistleblowing polices and anti-harassment procedures. She advices clients in matters related to employer's and managers' liability. Izabela also assists in M&A transactions in scope of employment matters, drafting documentation governing the employer-employee relationship, in particular managerial contracts, non-competition and confidentiality agreements, collective bargaining agreements and other agreements with trade unions and works councils.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A – Recommended lawyer
- DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k‘s corporate and M&A team in Warsaw is an integral part of the firm’s European offering, working alongside the regional office network in a wide variety of cross-border transactions. The team is well-versed in M&A, capital injections and public offerings of securities.
- "Global coverage. Problem-solving attitude."
- Mango - day-to-day legal advice regarding labour law matters, including employment of foreigners and termination of employment relationship; representing Client in labour law dispute; reviewing employment law documents, including internal regulations.
- Lubelski Węgiel "Bogdanka" S.A. - day-to-day legal advice in the scope of employment i.a. regarding internal regulations; working time in mines; amendments to the collective bargaining agreements and management contracts.
- Paramedica - representing Client in employment disputes with former employee regarding payment of commission and compensation; representing Client in a dispute regarding payment of social insurance contributions.
- A group of companies from pharmaceutical sector - due diligence analysis in the scope of employment matters in the context of contemplated transactions.
- Rubau - on-going legal advice in the redundancy processes, drafting of documents connected to redundancy
- Valard - trainings in the scope of general rules of Polish labour and social security law, posting of employees between the companies in the capital group, health and safety in constructions sector.
- A company from banking sector - legal advice regarding the transfer of an organized part of a work plant.
- Intercor - representing Client's employee (construction sector) accused of a crime of negligence in the scope of health and safety.
- JSW - legal assistance in the process of internal investigation; assisting in implementation of compliance strategy.
- Hikvision - legal advice and Client’s representation in the procedures of legalisation of work and residence in Poland of the employees from China.
- Shedul - revision and amendments of draft contracts, employment agreements and NDA's, legal advice regarding different forms of engagement.
- XTPL - rafting of bonus (share options) scheme for employees and key contractors.
- Vistra - legal advice regarding most advantageous forms of engagement of management board members.
- UTC Companies - legal advice in the scope of employee data protection; legal advice regarding competitive activities of employees' assistance in redundancy process
- Sonoco (packaging manufacturer) - analysis of labour law issues in the context of takeover of companies and branches in Poland and advising in respect of transfer of employees.
- Drafting of internal regulations and legal advice regarding working time systems for a leading aviation company.
- Legal advice in the scope of employee personal data and privacy protection for leading aviation companies.
- Representing employers in court disputes with their employees concerning, e.g. discrimination, bullying, overtime, appeal from termination of employment, payment of bonuses, and establishment of employment relationships by civil contractors.
- Advisory services for a global nutrition company in matters related to employment and management contracts as well as non-competition agreements, issues concerning mobbing and discrimination