Giorgio specializes in the negotiation of trade union agreements within complex restructuring processes. He has assisted many leading companies in the management of collective redundancies and transfers of undertaking, leading the union information and consultation procedures.
He specializes in labour law litigation, with a specific expertise in commercial agency contracts.
Giorgio is an Assistant Professor of employment law at the University of Insubria and a Lecturer at the School of Specialization of the same University.
He is also a Professor of employment law the 24Ore Business School, where he teaches labour law and industrial relations.
Giorgio completed his employment law studies at the Higher Education School of the Italian Labour Lawyers Association (AGI).
He graduated with honours (cum laude) from LUISS - Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali in Rome.
Before joining DWF, he worked in Norton Rose Fulbright and Toffoletto De Luca Tamajo.
He regularly writes for legal publications.
Giorgio was chosen by Milano Finanza (2020) as one of the best Employment lawyers in Italy.
- EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association)
- Member of AGI – Associazione Giuslavoristi Italiani
- Legalcommunity 2019 – Emerging Lawyer of the year (Labour law)
- Legalcommunity Labour Report 2018, The best in Italy. Ranked; noted as our key strengths: "(1) expertise and practice in all areas of employment law; (2) technical skills, professionalism, timeliness and responsiveness; (3) knowledge and understanding of the market and the company's business; (4) presence and availability of the partners; (5) international network and strong presence in Italy". Client comments included: "One of the most brilliant lawyers of his generation"; "He has extensive experience in matters relating to commercial agency contracts, transfers of business, mass redundancies projects and union negotiation, including at a national level. He has also a massive experience in relation to company welfare programmes and bonus plans: he recently advised an international cosmetic group in the implementation of its smart working programme".
- Legalcommunity Labour Report, The best in Italy (2017): Ranked; clients comments included: "Giorgio Manca delivers a pragmatic approach and support, trying always to understand the business reality".
- Legalcommunity Labour Report, The best in Italy (2016): Ranked; client comments included: "Giorgio Manca is a young, well-prepared and energetic lawyer".
- Il patto di non concorrenza – Guida al Lavoro – 3 luglio 2020
- Il contratto di espansione: una carta da giocare per il ricambio generazionale – Diritto 24 Il Sole 24Ore
- Variazioni peggiorative e concorrenza delle filiali non sono giusta causa di dimissioni dell’agente – Diritto 24 Il Sole 24Ore
- Ferie arretrate: no all’indennità sostituiva per il dirigente apicale – Diritto 24 Il Sole 24Ore
- Arresto per detenzione di sostanze stupefacenti: legittimo il licenziamento per giusta causa – Diritto 24 Il Sole 24Ore
- Congedo parentale ad ore: le novità del Jobs Act – Diritto 24 Il Sole 24Ore
- Ricognizione della disciplina delle clausole flessibili ed elastiche nel rapporto di lavoro part time –I quaderni di giurisprudenza del lavoro - 2013
- L'efficacia esimente della delega di funzioni e gli obblighi di vigilanza del delegante – Diritto 24 Il Sole 24Ore