Andrea is a highly experienced planning and development lawyer with a broad and multi-jurisdictional practice, across Victoria and Queensland.
She has extensive experience in running large and complex planning and environment litigation relating to development and regulatory approvals, the rezoning of land and compulsory acquisition. Andrea's advisory experience includes planning and environment due diligence in connection with large scale property and corporate transactions and renewables projects, including providing advice on contaminated land, heritage issues, native vegetation offsets and development contributions.
Andrea’s expertise extends to general property matters, including complex property due diligence, subdivision structuring and staging and Owners Corporation disputes.
This unique skill set means that Andrea is one of the few lawyers involved in the entire life cycle of a project, from acquisition through to completion. Andrea's holistic understanding of the development cycle saves clients time and money – by dealing with planning, environment and land use issues in a proactive and pre-emptive way at the outset of a project.
Andrea was a 2019 participant in the Property Council of Australia's 500 Women in Property program, which identifies emerging female talent in the property industry. She is also recommend by Doyle's Guide, in the area of planning and environment law.
When she's not in the office, Andrea is passionate about improving the built environment through good quality design. For many years, Andrea has provided pro bono legal advice to the Robin Boyd Foundation and has volunteered for Melbourne Open House.
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Planning & Environment Lawyer, 2018
- Property Council of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Victorian Planning and Environment Law Association
- Member of the Property Council of Australia
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (Vic)
- Previous Committee Member, UDIA Women in Property
- Property Council of Australia's Victorian 'Planning and Infill' 2021 Committee