Our expert team advise clients across the globe on:
- First Party policy coverage and indemnity issues and disputes.
- Third Party Property Damage claims – defending liability claims (including product liability), pursued against policyholders.
- Subrogated Recoveries – pursuing claims to recoup insurers’ outlays paid under their own policies.
We have expertise in complex and high value matters, and examples of our experience include:
- Coverage advice on a multi-billion dollar excess claim and calculation of material damage loss issues following damage to a MENA oil refinery.
- Advising on a Beirut storage explosion and resultant losses.
- Coverage arbitration in respect of a hydroelectric project in Peru relating to the defective design of a concrete-lined tunnel.
- A coverage dispute involving a tailings dam in Brazil, involving a combined single limit property damage and business interruption policy for the failure of business critical assets.
- Advising insurers on property damage following the loss of a commercial drone and related property damage in Malaysia, with associated contractual disputes in Spain and London.
- Advising on coverage of property damage post-completion of a US Power Station, including monitoring underlying subrogated US proceedings between owner, contractor and sub-contractors.
- Coverage dispute involving a jack-up rig, centering on the definition of 'Damage' and the impact on wear and tear/latent defect exclusions.