Małgorzata's practice focuses on a wide spectrum of real estate transactions in the commercial, office, industrial, housing and agricultural sectors, including sales and acquisitions of properties and companies owning properties, lease and tenancy, transmission easements and other contracts for the use of real properties, in particular for the purpose of renewable energy resources projects, contracts relating to construction process, such as contracts for design, fit-out and construction work.
Małgorzata’s experience includes also real estate aspects of financing of development and other real estate projects. She also advises on administrative proceedings regarding investment process at various levels. In addition, Małgorzata participates in merger, spin-off, takeover and restructuring projects, distressed asset deals, share acquisitions and other issues relating to foreign investments in Poland, as well as in legal audits of companies and real properties subject to acquisition.
Małgorzata is also engaged in pro bono activities assisting various charity organisations in matters involving land acquisition, development and leasing issues.
- Attorney-at-law - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Legal 500 EMEA 2022 - Real Estate
"Małgorzata Lesiak-Ćwikowska is very experienced, has a deep knowledge, always customer oriented and following a practical approach. It is very convenient to work with her and she always puts the duties of us on high priority. She is leading negotiations in the interest of the client and “fighting” for the best effort. It is a high pleasure to work with her."
- Representing two real estate funds operating on global markets in the process of acquisition of a portfolio of nine shopping centres in Poland, including review of property titles and lease agreements, as well as assistance in structuring the transaction and negotiation of the transaction documents.
- Advising several RES investors on the sales, acquisitions and financing of the wind farms (both onshore and offshore) and photovoltaic projects in Poland, including title due diligence and regulatory audit; due to the scale of the projects involving hundreds of land plots and their owners, our assistance referred to a full-range variety of legal real estate, zoning, construction, litigation and other issues.
- Complex advice to a US-based investment bank regarding execution, amendments and performance of lease contracts for the start-up and subsequent expansion of the client’s business service centre in a few prime office buildings in Wroclaw, Poland (totalling approximately 20,000 sqm of the office space.