The team's experience includes consenting of energy and nationally significant infrastructure projects, renewables, major regeneration schemes, compulsory purchase, town and country planning and highways.
The team combine a detailed understanding of the law with both sector knowledge and practical experience, applying a proactive and collaborative approach.
The team are experienced at providing advice in respect of the following:
- All aspects of planning and highway law (including public rights of way);
- Compulsory purchase and compensation in respect of energy, transport, housing and regeneration, and retail acting for both promoters and objectors to compulsory purchase order schemes, from specific compensation issues to strategic advice on land assembly and CPO process;
- Judicial review;
- Providing planning due diligence in respect of significant real estate transactions;
- The promotion of, and objections to, development consent, transport and works act orders;
- Reviewing planning application documents e.g. environmental statement and draft committee report to de-risk the application and minimise the prospects of any legal challenge succeeding;
- All aspects of planning and highways agreements and financial obligations e.g. S106, S278, S38 agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy;
- Managing public inquiries whether following a planning appeal, call-in or to secure confirmation of a compulsory purchase order.