Maciej has extensive expertise in international and domestic infrastructure projects and disputes. He has acted for contractors, employers, designers and consultants on many high-profile projects, including strategic infrastructure. He has extensive experience in management of claims, negotiating contracts and advising with respect to their performance or termination.
Maciej also advises companies in criminal compliance area and proceedings related to business crimes. His experience and practice include in particular advising companies and organisations on the preparation of internal regulations, rules of procedure and compliance procedures. He also specialises in developing strategies in the field of enterprise management in crisis situations.
He represents managers and the members company bodies' in all levels of criminal proceedings, acting both as a counsel as well as representative of subsidiary prosecutors.
Maciej conducts lectures in criminal law and economic compliance at the Warsaw School of Economics.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
Compliance and internal investigations
- Verification, design and implementation of a compliance system in a listed company in the energy sector
- Verification, design and implementation of a compliance system in the capital group of mining companies
- Verification and implementation of changes in the compliance system in a group of companies from the pharmaceutical sector
Commercial criminal proceedings
- Advised and represented an international aviation and defense industry company in complex criminal proceedings regarding a potential tender conspiracy
- Advised and represented international a company from the telecommunication industry in complex, international criminal proceedings regarding potential fraud and money laundering
- Advised and represented management board members of financial sector companies in proceedings related to an alleged breach of trust towards the company.
Dispute resolution and arbitration
- Represented and advised a leading Polish company from the oil and gas industry in a dispute with a global contractor
- Represented and advised a foreign energy company in relation to numerous corporate disputes.
- Represented one of the largest FMCG companies operating on the Polish market in numerous proceedings regarding claims resulting from acts of unfair competition.
- Chambers and Partners Europe 2019 - White Collar Crime - Up and Coming
“Maciej Antoniak advises domestic and international clients on a broad range of issues, including money laundering, anti-corruption and bribery. Cross-border investigations for international corporates is a further area of activity”.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 - White Collar Crime (Tier 2)
The team advises clients on global white-collar criminal issues such as anti-corruption, FCPA and UK Anti-Bribery Act practices. It is instructed by both corporations and individuals subject to civil and criminal investigations, primarily arising from the securities, federal contracting and environmental industries. Counsel and department head Maciej Antoniak is advising and representing Orange Polska subsidiary TP Teltech as the injured party in criminal proceedings alleging the concealment of assets by debtors and potential money laundering issues.