Maciej has extensive expertise in international and domestic infrastructure projects and disputes. He has acted for contractors, employers, designers and consultants on many high-profile projects, including strategic infrastructure. He has extensive experience in management of claims, negotiating contracts and advising with respect to their performance or termination.
Maciej also advises companies in criminal compliance area and proceedings related to business crimes. His experience and practice include in particular advising companies and organisations on the preparation of internal regulations, rules of procedure and compliance procedures. He also specialises in developing strategies in the field of enterprise management in crisis situations.
He represents managers and the members company bodies' in all levels of criminal proceedings, acting both as a counsel as well as representative of subsidiary prosecutors.
Maciej conducts lectures in criminal law and economic compliance at the Warsaw School of Economics.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
Compliance and internal investigations
- Verification, design and implementation of a compliance system in a listed company in the energy sector
- Verification, design and implementation of a compliance system in the capital group of mining companies
- Verification and implementation of changes in the compliance system in a group of companies from the pharmaceutical sector
Commercial criminal proceedings
- Advised and represented an international aviation and defense industry company in complex criminal proceedings regarding a potential tender conspiracy
- Advised and represented international a company from the telecommunication industry in complex, international criminal proceedings regarding potential fraud and money laundering
- Advised and represented management board members of financial sector companies in proceedings related to an alleged breach of trust towards the company.
Dispute resolution and arbitration
- Represented and advised a leading Polish company from the oil and gas industry in a dispute with a global contractor
- Represented and advised a foreign energy company in relation to numerous corporate disputes.
- Represented one of the largest FMCG companies operating on the Polish market in numerous proceedings regarding claims resulting from acts of unfair competition.
Chambers and Partners Europe 2022 - 2023 - White Collar Crime (Band 3)
- Maciej Antoniak assists domestic corporate entities with issues relating to criminal proceedings and offers anti-corruption regulatory compliance advice. A source highlights his willingness to "explain the pros and cons of recommended solutions."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2020 - 2023 - White Collar Crime (Tier 3)
- "They show true professionalism."
- "Vast knowledge and composure in every situation."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Dispute Resolution (Tier 1)
- "They are very professional with high standards of personal culture."
- "The team is exceptional in terms of efficiency, knowledge, ability to listen and adapt to the client’s problems, very strategical. They know how to be involved while always keeping a cool head and taking a step back to analyse."
- "The team from DWF Poland combines a very high level of expertise and legal skills, high ethical standards, but also friendly personalities. They grasp very quickly the core matter of the dispute at hand. Definitely, you can feel secure in their hands."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 – Construction (Tier 2)
- "Wide area of experience and expertise, and dedicated lawyers able to find a solution in every difficult case."
- "DWF understands the construction market very well. This helps to find unusual solutions for complicated issues."
- "What makes the practice unique is the engagement, professionalism, and experience of its partners and associates. They offer excellent quality legal services; it is definitely great value for the work done. The events they organise are well thought through and put together in an interesting and engaging manner."
- Liability for defects in construction contracts, Wolters Kluwer 2022
- Mitigation of contractual penalty for delay in performance of warranty or guarantee obligations, Construction Law Quarterly, January 2021