Jordan Serfati’s practice focuses on international and domestic taxation, with particular emphasis on the tax aspects of leveraged buy-outs, M&A deals, debt restructurings as well as real estate transactions. He also has developed a strong expertise in tax audit and litigation.
Jordan Serfati advises a wide range of clients including private and public companies, private equity sponsors, financial institutions, real estate investors/ REITs and corporate directors.
Before joining DWF, Jordan Serfati worked for 4 years in the tax department of EY Société d'Avocats, and for more than 7 years at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Paris.
His native language is French and fluent in English.
- Paris Bar
- Recognized as Rising Star in the ITR World Tax Rankings 2024
Jordan Serfati's notable experience (including matters handled prior to joining DWF) include advising:
- the Management of House of HR (leading European HR provider) on the acquisition by Bain Capital of a majority stake in House of HR (largest private equity deal in Belgian history)
- Cobepa on several transactions, including:
- the acquisition of the French climatic engineering specialist Groupe Climater
- the acquisition of the French engineering consultancy Scalian
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Babilou, leader of corporate and community day nurseries in Europe
- Blackstone on the acquisition of the Joa group (third largest French casino and online gambling operator)
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management on various transactions:
- The acquisition of two properties under development located in Romainville (Seine-Saint-Denis, France)
- the structuring of a pan-European, real estate, logistics-oriented investment platform and the acquisition of the underlying French real estate (notably a property under development in the Le Havre harbour area)
- the acquisition, alongside with Immobel, of a 2,700 sqm mixed retail and office building in Paris 8th
- Union Investment on its acquisition of Logistrial Real Estate GmbH from Garbe Industrial Real Estate
- Icade Santé on several cross-border projects, including the acquisition of a portfolio of German and French healthcare properties operated by Orpea
- Engie Group on several strategic transactions, including:
- the acquisition of French solar energy parks developer Solairedirect
- the reorganisation of GRTgaz, Engie’s LNG subsidiary
- the acquisition by Elengy (GRTgaz’s subsidiary) of a minority stake held by Total in Fosmax LNG
- the sale of an additional equity stake in GRTgaz to SIG
- La Française des Jeux on its Initial Public Offering and privatisation process
- Fluxys on the acquisition of a LNG terminal from EDF
- HSBC on the sale of its French retail banking business to Cerberus/ My Money Group
- A pool of creditors in the context of the rehabilitation proceedings opened with respect to Bourbon Corporation and of the restructuring of the EUR 2.7 billion indebtedness of Bourbon
- SAUR in the context of the restructuring of its indebtedness and its sale to EQT
- A la recherche du taux perdu : point d’étape sur la jurisprudence fiscale en matière de justification du taux d’intérêt de marché – Revue Trimestrielle de Droit Financier – 3/2023.
- Financements intra-groupe et justification du taux de marché : le Conseil d'État confirme la possibilité de recourir à des logiciels de notation automatique – CE, 22 déc. 2022, n° 446669, SAS Willink - Aperçu rapide – Revue de Droit Fiscal 2023, n° 9, act. 74.
- La notion conventionnelle de bénéficiaire effectif : vers un alignement des astres ? – Revue de Droit Fiscal 2022, n° 30, comm. 288.
- Politique fiscale de la Commission européenne : où en sommes-nous ? – Revue Fiscalité Internationale – 2/21.
- European Commission’s tax policy 2019 to 2024: what can we expect? – Tax Journal – Issue 1470 – 10 January 2020.