Adam qualified in England and Wales in 2013. He started his career in London and spent 7 years working in the heart of the city, representing major Professional Services Firms and London Market Insurers and Reinsurers, across professional liability, financial lines and construction insurance disputes.
In 2017 Adam relocated to the Middle East, and spent 6 years with the market leading practice, developing a sophisticated knowledge of local laws and business practice, putting him in a small group of people with comprehensive knowledge of both the London and Middle East markets relating to professional services and (Re)insurance. In the course of his Middle East experience, Adam has:
- Defended to trial an international auditing/consulting practice against professional negligence claims in excess of US$ 500m in the DIFC Court, applying the laws of Saudi Arabia;
- Represented (Re)insurers in DIFC-LCIA arbitration proceedings worth US$ 125m, involving multiple hearings, applying UAE law to complex coverage issues arising from an oil refinery project;
- Defended international engineering consultancies and their insurers against substantial claims under UAE, English, Omani and DIFC law arising from the design and supervision of major infrastructure, energy and residential projects, including issues of ground conditions, water ingress, structural design and road/bridge design;
- Defended a magic circle law firm against prospective proceedings in the DIFC Court arising from advice given on banking facilities;
- Represented a major Abu Dhabi bank in an ADGM Courts dispute with the administrators of a major healthcare network, regarding the security of insurance receivables in excess of USD 350m;
- Advised reinsurers on claims under Directors and Officers' policies worth over US$ 150m, concerning underlying international litigation;
- Represented a major financial services company in a series of ADGM Court disputes and mediated settlements, arising from insolvency proceedings and creditor actions.