DWF was recognised in a number of law firm categories including:
- Second Tier: Leading Dust Diseases Law Firms (Defendant)
- Second Tier: Leading Workers Compensation & WorkCover Law Firms (Defendant)
- Third Tier: Leading Medical Negligence Law Firms (Defendant)
- Recommended: Leading Public & Product Liability Law Firms (Defendant)
- Recommended: Leading Compulsory Third Party Insurance Law Firms (Defendant)
At the individual level, Head of Insurance and Regional Managing Partner – Australasia, Damien van Brunschot, received the following high distinctions:
- Preeminent: Leading Workers Compensation & WorkCover Lawyers (Defendant)
- Preeminent: Leading Dust Diseases Lawyers (Defendant)
- Leading: Leading Public & Product Liability Lawyers (Defendant)
Hamish Broadbent, Principal Lawyer in the Insurance team, was also recommended as a Leading Medical Negligence Lawyer (Defendant).
Commenting on the listings in the 2021 directory, Damien van Brunschot said:
"Insurance is our sweet spot—it is where our strengths lie, and our dedicated focus on this market enables us to best serve clients. We are grateful for the peer recognition in Doyle's Guide—recognition of DWF's excellent service delivery including our commitment to achieving successful outcomes for our insurance clients.
"We are proud to be a firm that takes a holistic view of the insurance ecosystem, offering legal and broader business support at every stage of the process—from investigations at the outset, advice on the regulatory environment, advocacy and representation in ADR processes, through to complex and sensitive multi party litigation."