Influence is a topic that is particularly relevant to lawyers. As the role of the in-house lawyer expands beyond legal and compliance to cover areas like risk, ESG, crisis and reputation - influence may be one of the most important skills that in-house lawyers need to develop.
In this webinar we were joined by GC's from a range of global businesses to discuss the topic of influence for in-house legal professionals in more depth, using examples of their own experience to advise on developing this essential skill in yourself and in your team members.
Some of the key points explored by the panel were:
- What our panel have found to be the key components in building influence
- Using influence to make a significant difference in a business decision
- Flexing influence approach in a way that will resonate with your audience
- Encouraging your team to use influence effectively, even if they don't have a 'title'
- How influence changed as a result of the pandemic and working in an increasingly virtual workplace
- Banke Odunaike, Head of Legal, EMEA at CBRE
- Jennifer Picenoni, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary at Lindt
- Rachel Macfarlane, Group Head of Legal at Quintet Bank
- Eva Einfeldt, Employment Partner at DWF
- Kirsty Rogers, Group Head of Environment Social and Governance and Partner at DWF
- Dr Catherine McGregor, Author and Consultant