Empathy is a skill that in-house lawyers of all levels can benefit from cultivating. Empathy is a quality which leaders have always needed, especially in the current circumstances of change, uncertainty and a need for understanding and thoughtfulness. It's required to create a better business operating environment, is the starting point for design thinking and is critical for successful innovation.
- Bridget Lambie, General Counsel at Gallagher
- Ingrid Cope, Legal Counsel GB&I and NE at Coca-Cola
- Leigh Kirkpatrick, Managing Legal Counsel, Outsourcing, Technology & IP at NatWest
- Seema Bains, Partner and Chair of Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Group at DWF
- Catherine McGregor, Author and Consultant
- Hilary Ross, Partner and Global Head of Clients & Markets at DWF
Some of the key points explored by the panel were:
- How bringing empathy to business discussions can create better outcomes for you and your business colleagues.
- How to develop more empathy in yourself and your team.
- Using empathy as a leader in a virtual workplace.
- Empathy in working with outside suppliers.