A key aspect of the general counsel role is now being an arbiter of culture as organisations wake up to the fact that negative cultures create risk situations. But how can we operationalise culture and ensure that we are contributing to the creation of cultures that we need in our organisations? How do we manage the ongoing task of bringing our desired culture to life?
Our panel shared practical ideas from their perspectives, as leaders in organisations with very different cultures, on how to operationalise aspects of culture. Key points covered during the webinar were:
- Using leadership privileges to encourage the correct culture from all employees
- The impact of movements such as #MeToo and Black Lives Matter
- Overcoming the barriers to communication and inclusion in the virtual working environment
- Creating an environment where people feel comfortable to ask questions and speak up
- Demonstrating ESG, culture, D&I and health & wellbeing initiatives to investors and other stakeholders
- Dr Catherine McGregor, Consultant
- Clancy Murphy, GC, Chemring
- Lara Oyesanye, GC and Chief Risk Officer, Contis
- Kirsty Rogers, Partner, DWF
If you have any questions regarding the topics discussed in this webinar, please get in touch with Hilary Ross or Kirsty Rogers.