9:00am – 10:00am AEST
Join our Head of Insurance, Damien van Brunschot as he considers the following questions about vicarious liability in the employment and broader context:
- When is an employer vicariously liable for the negligence of a co-worker?
- Is formal employment necessary in institutional abuse cases?
- The important limiting principle—the negligence needs to arise in the course of employment, contrasted with an employee's 'frolic'. How wide is this test, having regard to more expansive modern notions of employment?
- What about the criminal conduct of an employee, for example, an assault or sexual abuse? How does vicarious liability apply to government or church institutions (including schools) acknowledging the vulnerability of the young people often under their care?
- Is the law now starting to shake off its more conservative instincts? We consider possible future directions.
You are welcome to submit questions for consideration before the webinar by emailing us. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions during the live webinar via the chat box function.
We hope you'll be able to join us for this upcoming webinar.