This event will explore over 2 split sessions the latest patient safety theories, how this can inform practice and the experiences of those working in healthcare with presenters from England and the USA.
This international event is of value to everyone involved in the healthcare industry including: practitioners, private and public healthcare facilities, complaint and claims managers, manufacturers, insurers and indemnifiers. It will also be of interest to risk managers, whatever their area of specialism.
Part 1: The Theory of Patient Safety, 8 February 2021 - 16:30 – 17:15
Part 2: Patient Safety in Practice, 9 February 2021 - 16:30 – 17:15
- Vicki Swanton - Partner
The Theory of Patient Safety, 8 February 2021
- Professor Suzette Woodward, Patient Safety Specialist will explain the difference between Safety I and Safety II and why we need a new approach.
- Donna Forsyth, Associate Director Patient Safety will introduce the NHS Patient Safety Incident Response Framework (PSIRF).
- Dr Denise Chaffer, Director of Patient Safety and Learning at NHS Resolution will discuss the analysis of their claims data
Patient Safety in Practice, 9 February 2021
- Dr Denise Chaffer, Director of Patient Safety and Learning at NHS Resolution will explain the challenge of applying learning from claims and measuring the benefits delivered for patients
- Nikki Centomani, Patient Safety Programme Manager at NW Medicine, USA will discuss dealing with adverse medical events
- Bridget Zaremba, Healthcare Senior Litigation Specialist at CapSpecialty, USA will explore how clinical errors feed into the claims experience.