Naithan has historically acted for main contractor clients and has advised a number of the top 20 UK constructions firms in relation to complex construction and engineering projects across all sectors both in terms of providing live project support to assist in maximising entitlement/minimising risk, and providing strategic advice to manage disputes as and when they do develop. This experience includes acting for:
CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECTS
- a main contractor in relation to a major UK airport extension scheme providing live project advisory and claims preparation support.
- Amey LG Limited in a multi-million-pound PFI dispute concerning claims of defective highway works against Cumbria County Council resulting in a 16-week TCC trial (Term Maintenance NEC/bespoke contract).
- a public sector body in relation to a complex and high value dispute arising out of a high profile, national infrastructure project (PFI/PPP) (Litigation/adjudication/mediation).
- a main contractor in relation to delays to a major Scottish infrastructure project (NEC - Adjudication/Litigation).
- a main contractor JV in relation to a major UK city centre flood alleviation scheme (NEC/mediation).
- a main contractor in relation to a circa GBP4M dispute with the subcontractor arising out of a major retail scheme (JCT/Arbitration).
- a major UK Contractor in a sole advisor capacity in respect of a number of disputes, including complex litigation and serial adjudications across multiple sectors.
- the Contracting Authority in relation to a major city centre energy project to refurbish a 50 MW generating station complex - providing live project and claims support.
- the main Contractor in relation to a circa GBP30M dispute arising out of a UK off shore wind project (NEC3/adjudication/arbitration).
- an EPC Contractor regarding a dispute arising out of a large UK Solar project (LCIA Arbitration/mediation).
- a Solar EPC Contractor in respect of defects and performance damages across a number of UK solar sites (mediation/litigation).
- Providing regular risk management/project support to a number owner/operators across the renewables sector (offshore/onshore wind and solar).
- the main contractor in relation to a high profile North West hotel project involving complex delay issues.
- a main works contractor on a final account and delay claim arising out of the design and construction of an high technology research institute, including constructing works in clean room conditions.
- a UK PLC in relation to a defective floor slab at a large distribution centre.
- a main contractor in relation to a multi-party dispute arising out of the construction of a new primary care facility. WATER
- a statutory undertaker on the resolution of GBP70m of claims from a framework contractor, including high volume, low value repair and maintenance works and a large number of significant network infrastructure projects.
- a main contractor/JV in relation to a multi-party dispute arising out of defects to a water treatment plant (NEC3/Adjudication/Litigation).
- a major global contractor in respect of a high value dispute regarding delays and defects in the construction of an ethane processing facility in the UK.
- a main contractor in a multi-party dispute relating to substantial performance deductions on a new school project (mediation/adjudication).
“He has been very commercially-focused and responsive in getting through a vast amount of information in a short period of time to help us avoid two adjudications” General Counsel, Top 10 UK Construction Company