Alison is a Band 1 ranked lawyer with Chambers and Partners and a Leading Individual with Legal 500.
She heads up the Professional Negligence team in Glasgow assisted by Director Lindsay Ogunyemi and Senior Associate Andrew McConnell. For over 20 years, Alison has been one of a select panel of solicitors appointed by Insurers for the Law Society of Scotland Master Policy to handle professional negligence claims often of high value and a complex nature against solicitors. Alison has been described as 'one of the best and most experienced lawyers in the field of professional negligence in Scotland'.
Following the expansion of DWF into global markets the team's caseload has expanded significantly and with regular instructions from London Market Insurers. These include a wide variety of claims involving not only solicitors but also accountants, surveyors, architects, IFA's and construction professionals.
Her clients have commented as follows:
- 'Alison Grant and her team display a highly professional yet practical approach to getting matters resolved while protecting the client's best interests.'
- 'Highly professional and pragmatic team; good early understanding of the issues.'
- 'Alison Grant is excellent and leads an experienced and helpful team giving expert and pragmatic advice in a helpful, user friendly manner.'
- 'A leading team in this market.'
- 'Alison Grant is a top class lawyer who delivers expert advice in a helpful manner based on her long years of experience in this field.'
- 'Alison Grant has unrivalled knowledge of the nature and number of claims which arise against solicitors in Scotland. She is wholly pragmatic in her approach.'
Alison is an accredited mediator and has experience representing clients at high value mediations.
She is very much involved in promoting Diversity across DWF and actively participates in the Diversity steering group.
Away from the office and pre-COVID, Alison enjoyed travelling and painting in other parts of the world, particularly Europe.