Victoria works closely with our lawyers and clients to provide advice on the financial and accounting elements of contentious issues. She typically becomes involved from the outset offering quantum strategy advice, risk analysis, financial loss quantification and negotiation support. She also provides financial and reputational due diligence services and pre-deal advice on the financial and accounting aspects of SPAs and commercial transactions.
Victoria is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants with over 17 years of accountancy experience, 14 specialising as a forensic accountant. She has worked across a multitude of sectors and in particular in the technology and energy sectors.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising an IT supplier on a £400m quantum claim in an arbitration against the UK government.
- Defending a £10m breach of accounting warranty claim for a client in the cleaning services sector.
- Preparing a $100m contract related quantum claim for an African oil and gas company.
- Advising a client in the oil and gas sector on its defence against a $500m loss of profits claim brought by a UK liquidator.
- Providing financial due diligence on the target of a client in the hotel sector.
- Carrying out reputational due diligence investigations on a client’s potential 3rd party contractors and suppliers.
In her spare time Victoria enjoys running but has yet to tackle a marathon. Maybe this will be the year.
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)