Thorsten advises companies on all employment law issues such as drafting employment contracts, preparing and implementing variable compensation systems, dismissals, transfers of businesses, negotiations and agreements with works councils, restructuring and M&A transactions and represents his clients in court. He has proven experience in the area of external staff deployment (employee leasing / contract for work and services) and represents his clients in audits.
Thorsten Kühnel has in-depth experience with international clients who are planning to expand their business into the German market and therefore need a complete set-up (of employees/contracts etc.) and advice on compliance of their business model.
- Rechtsanwaltskammer München
- Client Legal Update: Whistleblower Protection Act - May 2023
- Draft Bill - Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs from 18th April 2023 on the Employer's Obligation to record working time - May 2023
- Client Legal Update: Judgement of the Federal Labour Court (BAG) - January 2023
- Client Legal Update: Judgement of the Federal Labour Court (BAG) - December 2022
- The implementation of the Working Conditions Directive in Germany - Issues and practical tips for companies - June 2022
- Return to office life after the end of compulsory remote work in Germany - Tips for planning and structuring new ways of working - March 2022
- The works council election 2022 as a challenge for employers – general overview and innovations (Part 1) - January 2022
- Managing your workplace post-lockdown - June 2020
- Returning your workforce: Checklist of employment considerations - May 2020