Slava has a particular specialism in EPC contracts related to power and oil and gas processing, refining and petrochemical infrastructure in the Middle East.
He was previously General Counsel of Lukoil in the Middle East focussing on dispute resolution relating to all of Lukoil’s major oil & gas and EPC infrastructure projects with a combined value in excess of US$2bn. The Association of Corporate Counsel nominated him and his team as the Global Litigation Team of the Year 2016.
His clients include national and international oil & gas companies, refining and petrochemical companies, EPC contractors and oil & gas service companies.
Slava is recognised by Legal 500 as a Next Generation Lawyer in Energy & Natural Resources and Construction. He is also one of only nine people recommended by Who's Who Legal (Energy 2019) in the United Arab Emirates.
Slava has rights of audience in the English courts and the DIFC courts. He speaks at international conferences and sits as an arbitrator. Slava is bi-lingual in English and Russian.
- Defining force majeure in Saudi Arabia following Abqaiq attacks – Oil & Gas Middle East, September 2019.
- Advising an IOC on claims related to a portfolio of EPC projects in Iraq (Tank Farms, Accommodation Camps, Pipelines, Power Generation, Production, Security Systems and other projects) with a combined value in excess of US$2bn.
- Advising an IOC on a potential ICC arbitration related to an EPC contract for an oil processing facility in Iraq (valued in excess of US$1.3bn) with c. US$900m of claims.
- Advising an oil major on a potential SCC arbitration related to an E&P project for a gas producing plant in Uzbekistan valued in excess of US$200m.
- Advising a contractor on a potential ICC arbitration (valued in excess of US$250m) related to an EPC contract concerning a utilities package at a mega-refinery in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising an international contractor on a potential ICC arbitration (valued in excess of US$150m) in relation to civil works on a petrochemical project.
- Advising an IOC on a potential ICC arbitration concerning an EPC contract related to an oil gathering network and well hook-up, valued in excess of US$300m.
- Acting for a supermajor in a LCIA arbitration concerning an EPC contract for an oil processing facility in Iraq valued in excess of US$850m.
- Advising an oil major in relation to an LCIA arbitration valued in excess of US$16bn relating to a price formula of a long-term oil supply contract.
- Acting for a number of IOCs in relation to an arbitration concerning a long term cost recovery dispute with a CIS state with a value in excess of US$500m.
- Advising a consortium of oil majors in relation to 2 separate UNCITRAL arbitrations with a combined value in excess of US$2bn related to a project in Kazakhstan.
- Acting for Lukoil Mid-East Ltd against Barclays Bank PLC in the Technology and Construction Court (London) in relation to a dishonoured bond call [Lukoil Mid-East Ltd v Barclays Bank PLC  EWHC 166 (TCC)]