Simon specialises in the defence of a wide range of professionals including accountants, auditors, solicitors, barristers, IFAs and their professional indemnity insurers. He also has experience of claims against directors & officers and complicated commercial disputes for global corporations and SMEs. He has worked with clients in a diverse range of sectors including insurance, finance, legal, technology and construction.
Simon trained at a law firm in Bristol and qualified in 2017, joining the Commercial Litigation team. He joined the Professional Indemnity team at DWF in 2019.
Simon has experience in all aspects of litigation and he regularly uses alternative methods of dispute resolution. He helps clients resolve matters efficiently and in a cost-effective way.
Simon is a member of 'Out Front' (DWF's LGBT+ network) and is a mentor with the London Young Lawyers Group, which connects law students, paralegals and trainees with solicitors.
- Defending a top firm of accountants in a £3.5m claim concerning the alleged failure to identify a large fraud while auditing a travel company.
- Defending a corporate director in a £15m claim concerning allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties and/or wrongful trading.
- Defending a firm of accountants in a £15m claim brought by shareholders alleging accounting errors, which resulted in a lower purchase price for a group of companies.
- Defending a firm of solicitors in a £84m claim for lost litigation regarding a claim for fraudulent representation against a large bank.
- Defending a firm of accountants in a claim brought by an ex-client alleging various accounting errors involving complex and technical tax issues.
- Defending an IFA in claims brought by ex-clients over alleged negligent investment advice.
- Defending a firm of accountants in a claim for alleged negligent tax advice, which led to the Claimant being charged with intent to defraud HMRC.
- Successfully striking out a £10m claim brought against a barrister for alleged negligent advice and representation at trial.
- Defending a University in claims arising from a cyber-security breach.
- Representing an Insurer on coverage in relation to a potential claim under the Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 2010.
- Defending an IFA following decisions made by the Financial Ombudsman on the mis-selling of SIPPs.