Sam is a corporate and commercial lawyer with over 25 years' experience. He has particular expertise in the areas of insolvency and commercial disputes/litigation.
Sam holds significant experience in insolvency recovery actions for various liquidators and trustees, acting for lenders in loan recoveries (secured and unsecured) and recoveries for suppliers against customers, including director’s guarantees.
In addition, Sam's broader experience also includes:
- Commercial loan recoveries, from initiation to post bankruptcy/wind-up;
- Security enforcement;
- Consumer recoveries, including residential mortgage possession, chattel mortgages and credit cards;
- Margin loan/structured products recoveries;
- Farm Debt mediation;
- Managed Investment Schemes;
- Priority disputes and marshalling;
- FOS complaints;
- Insolvency administrations, corporate and personal;
- Broker fraud cases;
- LMI advice to banks and also in separate cases acting for insurer;
- Advising lenders on responsible lending issues under the National Consumer Credit Code; and
- Advising financial advice businesses on Australian Financial Services Licence and Australian Credit Licence compliance.
Sam has significant experience acting for clients in the banking and financial services sector as well as in other commercial areas.
Sam enjoys spending time with his young family. He is also a keen swimmer and surf lifesaver on Sydney’s eastern beaches.
- Included in the Best Lawyers Australia list for Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Councillor for the NSW Division of the Australian Institute of Credit Management