Ryan resolves complex issues with practical strategies. He is skilled at negotiations and mediations, especially in cases involving professional liability matters, construction disputes, employment issues, land use disputes, all risk policies and product liability.
He has extensive trial experience and has appeared at the British Columbia Supreme Court, BC Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also successfully represented clients before administrative tribunals. In his spare time, Ryan keeps an active lifestyle and enjoys playing squash. He’s also a self-professed cinephile and likes exploring Vancouver’s restaurant scene.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1993
- Called to the Alberta Bar in 2017
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Civil Litigation, Insurance Law and Construction Law sections
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Calgary Construction Association
- Member of the Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada from 2015 – 2022 (Construction & Insurance Law)
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star for Construction and Insurance