Robert has substantial experience of all forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication and many different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, as well as more traditional litigation and arbitration. He also has significant experience of the resolution of claims pursuant to the various Pre-Action Protocols.
Recent/notable instructions include:
- Advising and acting for a large multi-national firm of consulting engineers in relation to Wembley National Stadium.
- Acting for consulting engineers in defence of loss and delay claims made by a Design & Build contractor arising out of the construction of a substantial new educational facility in London.
- Acting for architects in defence of a substantial claim arising from alleged failures in the design and construction of three large, flagship buildings.
- Advising professional indemnity insurers in relation to claims arising out of failures of inlet silencers installed at various gas turbine installations around the World.
- Advising Design & Construct contractors in relation to substantial claims of loss and delay arising from works carried out in dry dock overseas to refurbish the facilities of an oil drilling rig.
- Acted for consulting engineers in successful prosecution of fee recovery proceedings and defence of allegations of negligence and delay relating to a substantial residence. The engineers were awarded indemnity costs for the majority of the claim.
Robert also advises construction professionals on the terms of their appointments and collateral warranties.
He is qualified to practice both in England and Wales and in Australia, having been admitted as a Legal Practitioner in New South Wales. He spent over two years with a leading law firm in Sydney resolving professional indemnity claims and disputes.