Rob has also worked as an Independent expert and provided discrete technical assistance to adjusters and insurers.
He has also worked in private practice and has extensive experience in the design, analysis and repair of a wide range of structures and building facades.
Rob is familiar with all types of construction contracts and has particular experience of working as an engineer on design and build contracts.
He also has experience of providing party wall surveyor, CDM coordinator, fire risk and BREEAM assessor services.
He has worked and/or handled claims in the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East and the United States.
Key Career Highlights
- Construction, professional negligence, and property claims.
- Claims against design and build contractors.
- Assessment of property damage in Christchurch, NZ following 2012 earthquakes.
- Technical advisor regarding Westgate Mall collapse in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Cause and origin reporting for processing plant structural failures in the Middle East.
- Adjuster / technical expert for flooding claim at hotel complex.
- Technical advisor regarding various fire damaged structures.
- Expert witness investigations on façade failures, timber and steel structures.
- Director of structural and facade design practice.
- Member of Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Engineering Council, Chartered Engineer.
- Registered (2007) member of the Association for Project Safety.
- Legal Experience Training Advanced Professional Award in Expert Witness Evidence
- With extensive experience of design and construction, Rob brings technical expertise to a claim from the outset to address liability and policy coverage as required. This ultimately saves time and negates the requirement to involve additional expert input thereby reducing cost and indemnity spend.