Patrick runs an active and varied practice involving shareholder and contractual disputes, oppression matters, takeover battles, defamation claims, civil fraud, trust claims, capital markets, corporate governance issues, complex regulatory matters, and securities violations.
A fierce advocate with a sensible and forthright demeanor, Patrick garners trust and respect among clients, judges, and opposing counsel alike. Employing a results-driven approach and ensuring strategic alignment with clients’ long-term goals have contributed to Patrick’s extensive track record of success in complex, high-stakes and multi-party disputes. Indeed, many prominent members of British Columbia’s business community have, at some point, relied on Patrick’s guidance, advice and expertise.
Outside of his professional endeavours, Patrick is a passionate childhood cancer research advocate. Patrick is a founder of the team Finn Foundation and Chairman of the Board of Childhood Cancer Canada. In 2019, Patrick was awarded the Exceptional Leadership in Patient Involvement in Cancer Research and the Governor General’s Sovereign Medal for Volunteers. Patrick is also a member of several national and international scientific teams, committed to advancing innovative treatments to change the face of cancer research.
Patrick enjoys spending time with his family, loudly singing out of tune and off key, and exploring the great Pacific Northwest on his bike – preferably all at the same time.
Called to the British Columbia bar in 1996
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2021-2022 (Corporate & Commercial Litigation)
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star for Commercial Litigation and Securities.
- Shortlisted to win Benchmark Litigation’s Securities Litigator of the Year Award in Canada for 2021, 2022 & 2023.
- 2013 BCSECCOM 319 (CanLII) | Aviawest Resorts Inc (Re) | CanLII
- 2020 BCCA 382 (CanLII) | Party A v. British Columbia (Securities Commission) | CanLII
- 2021 BCSECCOM 429 (CanLII) | Re Dwight C. Mann | CanLII
- 2022 BCCA 51 (CanLII) | Esposito v. Esposito | CanLII
- 2023 BCSC 313 (CanLII) | Axion Ventures Inc. v Bonner | CanLII