Oliver has experience operating in various jurisdictional forums in the UAE including ICC, DIAC and ADCCAC arbitration centres, whilst also regularly advising clients on local Court disputes across various Emirates of the UAE. Oliver also has extensive experience in non-contentious transactional matters including advising on EPC and FIDIC form agreements, joint venture agreements and bespoke contractual arrangements. His experience includes:
- Acting for a large UAE based Contractor in multiple ADCCAC arbitrations both upstream and downstream concerning claims for non-payment from the Employer related to a large scale Project suspended in Abu Dhabi.
- Acting for a JV consisting of two tier one international contractors defending a substantial delay and disruption claim on a technically complex AED 3bn construction project for a landmark hotel and residential structure in Dubai, including dealing with a preliminary jurisdictional challenge and interim attachment order applications.
- Advising on a claim in the DIFC-LCIA arbitration centre for a large UAE based electro-mechanical and plumbing subcontractor in an AED 250m contract on a mixed use hotel and serviced apartment building in Dubai.
- Acting for a global specialist curtain walling contractor in relation to a DIAC arbitration claim pursuant to an AED 300m contract, against the developer of an iconic UAE sporting venue.
- Advising on a successful claim in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration for a globally renowned electro-mechanical and plumbing contractor in a dispute concerning an AED 595m contract for a large-scale university campus in the UAE.
- Advising on a successful claim for a large UAE based electro-mechanical and plumbing contractor in an AED 150m project for a residential building in Dubai.
- Acting for a European headquartered specialist lighting contractor in a DIAC dispute over an AED 35m Expo 2020 pavilion project, consisting of highly technical delay and disruption claims.
- Legal 500 Testimonial: “Oliver Dupenois has great attention to detail and really gets to grips with the technical detail of the case”.