Oliver serves as Global Head of International Arbitration & Global Disputes at DWF. His experience includes representing clients in complex disputes before German courts as well as in national and international arbitration proceedings. He works as Counsel but also advises on strategic conflict management issues and supports negotiations for clients worldwide.
Oliver is frequently nominated as an arbitrator for various international organisations and is a Fellow with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in London (FCIArb). He also works in the field of business mediation and serves as legal counsel to the Deutsche Stiftung Mediation (German foundation for Mediation).
As an internationally educated German Attorney-at-law/Rechtsanwalt (Germany, USA, UK), he is well equipped to handle cross-border disputes and contract negotiations in both English and German.
Oliver has gathered extensive experience working with clients in Germany, USA, UK and the Middle East.
Additionally, due to Oliver’s extensive experience in German real estate law international investors frequently seek Oliver’s support in their German real estate projects.
- Foundation for German Mediation (Deutsche Stiftung Mediation) (Legal Counsel)
- German Institution for Arbitration (Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit) (DIS)
- CIArb (London)
- Fellow of the Royal Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London (FCIArb)
- Co-author : “TTIP and Investor Arbitration/A German View”, Young Arbitration Review, Year 4 Edition 16, January 2015.
- Co-author: “Arbitration in Germany”, Young Arbitration Review, Year 2 Edition 5, April 2012.
- Author: ”E-Disclosure in internationalen Schiedsverfahren – eine neue Herausforderung?”, JUVE Handbuch 2011/2012.
- Author: ”Arbitration- Eine Alternative im Saudi Arabiengeschäft?“ – Munich Chamber of Commerce 2011.
- Author: ”ADR-International Arbitration – the modern way to solve cross border disputes”, AmCham - Commerce Germany January 2009.
- Author: ”Obtaining Discovery in International Arbitral Proceedings; The European vs the American mentality”.; International Journal of Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Management, Volume 74, August 2008, 225ff.
- Autor: „Kettengewährleistung als Folge des Schuldrechtsmodernisierungsgesetzes“, ZGS 2006, 1, 12ff.
- Autor: „Offenlegungspflichten deutscher Unternehmen in US discovery proceedings“, MDR 2006, 19, 1081ff .
- Co-author: “Doing Business in Germany” (Guideline in English).
- Author: ”Der EU Kommissionsvorschlag vom 02.10.2002 - Per aspera ad astra? -Gleiche Bedingungen innerhalb der EU und in Bezug auf die USA?-”.
- Speaker: Shanghai (China), Stanford (USA) and Al Kohbar (Saudi Arabia) ”The Pragmatics of Dispute Resolution in Europe”.
- Speaker: Kuwait; “Approaches to international dispute management”.
- Speaker (Arbitrator): Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (Munich, Vienna).