Natasha has 20 years' experience in international arbitration and commercial litigation dealing with complex and high value disputes often involving several jurisdictions; most commonly, Russia, Ukraine, PRC, Latin America and the BVI. Her expertise extends across a wide range of commercial disputes including bilateral investment treaty disputes, contractual disputes arising out of SPAs, shareholder disputes, professional negligence disputes and insurance and reinsurance disputes. She is well versed in applying for the grant of freezing orders and other interim relief, jurisdictional challenges and enforcement of overseas judgements.
Natasha has comprehensive experience of running high profile disputes (both before arbitration tribunals and in the Commercial Court) and managing teams of lawyers and experts (including overseas lawyers). She is accustomed to dealing with all aspects of arbitration and litigation including large scale document production, witness interviews and preparation of witness statements, instruction and management of expert witnesses and counsel, dealing with cross-border disputes and disputes involving foreign law and jurisdiction, representing clients in mediation and high level commercial negotiations, drafting of confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, settlement agreements and standstills.
Natasha has consistently worked with large corporates and is fully aware of the need to take a commercial approach to the management of disputes. She is alive to the fact that the best legal approach to a dispute may not always be the best commercial approach and is creative and versatile in seeking solutions that are in the best interests of the business.
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for an international bank in relation to a €2 billion euro ICSID arbitration arising out of sovereign debt restructuring.
- Acted for a Russian businessman accused of obtaining assets said to be worth US$600m by threats and intimidation.
- Acted for a leading global resources company in LCIA proceedings against one of its purchasers concerning various breaches of a supply contract for the provision of iron ore.
- Acted for creditors and members in the Fairfield Sentry liquidation and asset recovery proceedings brought by the liquidators of Fairfield following the Madoff investments scandal.
- Acted for a Japanese insurer in a £176 million dispute concerning the correct construction of certain contractual terms contained in transactional documents for a credit swaps transaction.
- Described as a "meticulous, tireless and dedicated litigator" by Legal 500, BVI 2016
- Listed as an Associate to Watch in Chambers Latin America 2012 and 2013 and Chambers Global 2014