Mouna routinely as a breach coach and defence counsel to clients involved in all manner of cyber related incidents, privacy breaches and professional liability claims.
She advises clients on their obligations under Canada’s Federal and Provincial privacy laws and assists small and large organizations throughout each step of urgent, high profile and complex breaches. She also acts as counsel to clients who are subject to regulatory investigations.
Mouna has significant litigation experience that assists her when representing lawyers, IT service providers, data controllers and other professionals in litigation stemming from wire fraud, data breaches and data loss. She is often called upon to commence litigation to trace and recover lost funds following social engineering attacks. Mouna has been successful in representing clients at trial, in arbitration and in summary judgment motions.
In 2019, Mouna was seconded to the claims department of a major global insurer, handling a variety of specialty line claims.
Since 2018, Mouna has been designated as a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals. She also holds a Certificate in Privacy Law and Cybersecurity from Osgoode Hall Law School.
Mouna is a frequent speaker on the latest trends in Canadian cyber claims and risk management strategies.
- Called to the Ontario Bar - 2012
- Board of Directors of Canadian Defence Lawyers, 2019 – Present
- Board of Directors of the Canadian Defence Lawyers Foundation, 2021 – Present
- Executive Member of the Privacy and Access to Information Section of the Ontario Bar Association, 2019 – Present
- Honorary Member of the Canadian Insurance Adjusters’ Association
- Past Chair of the Young Lawyers Committee of Canadian Defence Lawyers, 2018 – 2019
- Member of the Toronto Lawyers’ Association - Present
- Recognized by Lexpert as a “Leading Lawyer to Watch” (Commercial Insurance), 2021
- Awarded the Richard B. Lindsay QC Exceptional Young Lawyer Award by Canadian Defence Lawyers, 2021
- Moskowitz v. Detox, 2022 ONSC 4063