Defendant motor, employer's and public liability personal injury claims. Insurance and coverage issues; uninsured drivers, untraced drivers, article 75 insurance status. Amputations, brain or spinal injury. Fatal accidents. Life expectancy and provisional damages risks. Periodical payment wording and calculation. Offset of statutory funding and indemnities. Accidents in foreign jurisdictions. Complex calculations. Author of DWF's Ogden Multiplier Calculator and Estimating spreadsheet.
- Head of DWF TBI Special Interest Group.
- Member of DWF Discount Rate Working Group.
- Member of DWF International Claims Special Interest Group.
- Member of FOIL D&I Group.
- Acted for the successful defendant in the court of Appeal case of Price v Price involving a 15 month delay in serving particulars of claim.
- Acted for the defendant in Toropdar v D which established the right of an insurer to seek a declaration on liability in the face of a personal injury claim that was asserted but not issued by a party (without capacity).
- The Personal Injury Discount Rate, The Direction of Travel, July 2022.
- The Personal Injury Discount Rate, Changing Assumptions, December 2022..