Marissa has 13 years' experience in defence of dust disease and personal injury claims as well as plaintiff and defendant debt recovery and insurance litigation claims including property damage, negligence and motor vehicle accidents. Marissa holds a Masters of Law (majoring in Health Law) from Queensland University of Technology.
Marissa works for a number of large clients in relation to Queensland and New South Wales based personal injury, insurance and recovery claims. She provides thorough and often complex advices in relation to issues of liability, apportionment, causation, foreseeability and the assessment of damages.
She has appeared as an advocate and instructing solicitor in the Queensland Supreme, District and Magistrate Courts and has frequently attended the Dust Diseases Tribunal of New South Wales for hearings and trials. Marissa has also instructed Counsel on matters which advanced before the High Court of Australia.
When she's not at work, Marissa enjoys cross-stitching and cake decorating, and holds a number of volunteer positions with the Wesley Mission and Tennis Australia.
- Recognised in Doyle's Guide as an Insurance Law Rising Star – Australia, 2020
- Finalist in Special Counsel of the Year category at the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2022
- Queensland Law Society
- Women In Insurance (Qld)
- Amaca Pty Ltd v Booth; Amaba Pty Ltd v Booth  HCA 53
- (re Dargan) Amaca Pty Ltd v Northern Sydney Area Health Service & Ors  NSWDDT 1
- Northern Sydney Local Health District v Amaca Pty Ltd  NSWCA 251
- Silver v Amaca Pty Ltd  QSC 266
- Williams v Amaca Pty Ltd  NSWDDT 2