Marcus is an experienced litigator and acts for clients on all types of property damage claims, including fire, water and subsidence. He regularly advises clients on subrogation, coverage and adjustment issues and deals with disputes (both claimant and defendant) arising from a variety of personal lines (mainly high-net worth) and commercial risks.
Over the last ten years or so, Marcus has focused on subrogated recovery actions and has been involved in many successful settlement meetings/mediations.
He is the Partner in charge of the firm's subrogated recovery scheme, where he runs a large team of experienced claimant lawyers, legal executives and other fee earners who take pride in assisting insurers and their insureds to recover their outlay on claims which arise as a result of the actions of a Third Party. Marcus and his team have an excellent track record of running a large portfolio of subrogated claims for insurers and have combined successful recoveries with excellent client service both to insurers and their insureds.
Marcus also advises clients on construction related issues, including resolution of claims involving contractors, engineers, architects and surveyors. He also advises on product liability claims.
- Law Society
- LBIA (London Business Interruption Association)
- Subrogated recovery action following a major fire at a £20m property in London
- Policy advice following an oil leak at a large premises in Colchester.
- Subrogated recovery action following damage resulting from the breakdown of a press caused by a faulty gearbox
- Defending engineers in a £3m claim involving the collapse of a building in Central London
- Recovering over £5m for insurers and insured following a flood caused by a broken culvert on a large estate near Newcastle