ExperienceMaciej is an advocate practicing in all areas of Polish and international law, with particular emphasis on arbitration and litigation. He is the head of the litigation and arbitration practice of the DWF Poland and has represented clients in some of the largest litigation cases in Poland. He has acted for the Republic of Poland in several investment arbitration proceedings (BIT) and major international companies in respect of investment disputes. He has counseled clients in arbitration proceedings based on the rules of major international institutes, such as the ICC, SCC, VIAC and UNCITRAL. A significant portion of Maciej Jamka's practice relates to construction disputes. He has authored a number of pieces on construction law and implementation of FIDIC conditions. He has advised clients on the acquisition of companies and assets in many industries, including on large mergers. Maciej is often appointed as an arbitrator in both local and international commercial disputes. From 2012 – 2018 he was the President of the Polish National Committee of ICC. Maciej is the Vice Chairman of the Arbitral Council at the Polish Chamber of Commerce. He has for many years been recommended by Chambers & Partners and Legal500. In 2018 he was recognized in Band 1 with the “Most in demand arbitrators” title.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Polish Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator at The Polish Lewiatan Court of Arbitration
- Recommended Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw
- President of the Board of the Polish National Committee of the ICC (2012 - 2018)
- Member of the Russian Arbitration Association
- Member of the ICC Institute of World Business Law
- Vice-Chairman of the Arbitral Council at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw
- Chambers and Partners Global 2019 - Dispute Resolution– Poland (Band 2)
- Chambers and Partners Global 2019 - Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators - Poland
Practice head Maciej Jamka is highly respected for his experience as both arbitrator and litigator. He advises clients from a wide range of sectors, including construction and energy. "It is good to have him on our side," remarks one impressed client.
- The Legal 500 - Dispute Resolution (Tier 1)
The Dispute Resolution team is noted for handling BIT proceedings and disputes concerning energy and infrastructure. Department head Maciej Jamka represented Covec, the leader of a consortium engaged in the construction of a motorway, in a dispute initiated by the State Treasury in relation to the grounds for termination of contracts.
- Representing one of the world's largest construction and engineering companies in litigation concerning a project for the construction of the first liquefied natural gas terminal (LNG) in Świnoujscie in Poland.
- Representing the Republic of Poland in arbitration proceedings brought by US investors under the treaty of business and economic relations between the Republic of Poland and the United States of America. The case ended in a judgment in which the Court of Arbitration rejected all claims of the plaintiffs and awarded in favor of the Republic of Poland the amount of US $ 1,217,741.29.
- Representation of the Republic of Poland in investment treaty arbitration and the settlement of an agreement with Eureko B.V., a Dutch insurance company, related to a dispute over privatization of PZU, the largest CEE insurance company.
- Representation of one of the largest global companies in the food industry in arbitration proceedings conducted by the International Court of Arbitration ICC in Paris on an asset purchase agreement.