John has extensive experience handling fire loss, product liability, subrogation and class action claims and he routinely advises insurers on coverage obligations under CGL, Commercial Property, Comprehensive Homeowner, Course of Construction and Life & Disability policies.
John is a co-founder of the Canadian office’s Subrogation Practice Group and a past chair of its Insurance Coverage Practice Group. John, who identifies as legally blind, is also a co-founder of the Canadian office’s Disability & Inclusion Committee.
John enjoys finding creative solutions to complex disputes. To better serve his clients, John has recently completed the Mediation Program at Harvard Law School, and the “Mediating the Litigated Case” program at Pepperdine University’s Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution
Outside of work, John likes to cook, travel and spend time with his wife Crystal and their two boys.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1995
- Called to the Northwest Territories Bar in 2002
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Insurance Law, ADR, Civil Litigation and Class Action sections.
- Member of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Past Chair, National Insurance Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Chair, BC Insurance Section, Canadian Bar Association