John represents a league of high-profile clients in a broad range of business litigation matters, including leasing and commercial disputes, commercial and property insolvency disputes, bankruptcy claims, breach of contract matters, construction and surety claims and shareholder rights.
John ranks among the market’s leading trial lawyers and is particularly skilled at commercial arbitrations and mediations. An astute advocate with a critical mind, John has a well-deserved reputation among his contemporaries as a formidable opponent with an innovative approach to problem-solving and infallible perseverance.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1993
- Called to the Yukon Bar in 2022
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2019 – 2022 (Construction, Corporate & Commercial Litigation, Insurance)
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star for Commercial Litigation and Insolvency
- Skeena Resources v. Mill 2022 BCSC 2032
- DeCotiis v. Hothi, 2019 BCCA 472
- Youyi Group Holdings v. Brentwood Lanes, 2019 BCSC 739
- Procrane Inc. v. Intact Insurance Company, 2018 BCSC 1477
- Siemens v. Howard, 2018 BC