Jeremy specializes in complex, multi-party construction disputes and has significant trial experience including being lead counsel for a defendant in a 7-week King’s Bench trial. Jeremy regularly represents national insurance companies, design firms, and construction companies on all manner of disputes and works with some of the largest new home warranty and surety bond providers in Canada.
Jeremy is on the Young Professionals Committee for the Surety Association of Canada.
Jeremy’s practical, people-first approach helps him achieve the best outcomes for his clients. He regularly resolves complex files quickly and effectively. Although Jeremy has had significant success in the courtroom, he prides himself on his ability to resolve matters by way of early settlement, Pierringer Agreements, or summary judgment applications.
When he’s not at work, Jeremy spends time with his wife and three children at Calgary’s many playgrounds and splash parks. He also enjoys cycling in the Kananaskis mountains and playing basketball.
- Called to the Northwest Territories Bar in 2023
- Called to the Yukon Bar in 2019
- Called to the Alberta Bar in 2018
- Called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2012
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Surety Association of Canada
- Member of Calgary Construction Association
- Member of the Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Litigation Privilege – To Claim or Not to Claim? - Whitelaw Twining
- The Flow of Funds Following Contractor Bankrupcy – Case Discussion of Metro Paving and Roadbuilding Ltd – Whitelaw Twining
- “Extrinsic Evidence” Considerations in Duty to Defend - Whitelaw Twining