James is a senior projects and infrastructure lawyer, with over 15 years' experience in advising both public and private sector bodies on commercial arrangements, outsourcings, joint ventures, the procurement and delivery of major infrastructure projects and the legal issues that arise in concluding such transactions.
His extensive experience advising on a number of market leading infrastructure projects in waste, housing, schools, police, highways, health, pensions and the nuclear sector, focuses on delivering long term solutions which promote mutually beneficial relationships and commercial results.
Significant achievements include the procurement and completion of a number of complex waste PFI and PPP schemes. These include:
- The Ł4bn Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority project and the Ł1.2bn Mersey Waste Disposal Authority project.
- Leading the team advising Cleveland Police Authority on their innovative strategic partnership outsourcing the majority of back and middle office functions, capturing significant savings (approx. Ł50m).
- Advising Sellafield on a number of complex and innovative decommissioning projects, advising on various complex highways joint ventures and outsourcings.
- Advising on the negotiation and completion of the refinancing of various major projects.
- Advising the National Park Authority on the procurement and completion of the Snowdonia Summit Cafe, the highest cafe in the UK.
He provides advice on a variety of complex commercial arrangements, outsourcing and joint ventures, as well as on significant infrastructure projects across the transport, housing, education, health and nuclear sectors.