Irene has advised national and international investors, financial institutions, building societies and public bodies on numerous transactions of commercial and residential real estate, including large real estate portfolios with retail, office or residential buildings as well as the partition in separate ownership units of inner city properties with complex encumbrances and rights of adjacent owners. Irene also has many years of experience in advising on commercial leases, real estate development, real estate finance and in structuring complex transactions.
Irene’s practice further encompasses the administration and structuring of estates and the preparation of wills and powers of attorney, in particular regarding cross border and conflict of laws issues as well as questions of international inheritance law. Here she mainly acts for high-net-worth individuals and business owners regarding the issues that concern them as private clients.
Irene also practices as a civil law notary mainly in the area of real estate and corporate law.
MembershipsFrom 2009-2012 Irene was the president of the Berlin Bar Association. She is also a member of the German Cambridge Society.
- Luz/Neus/Schaber/Schneider/Wagner/Weber (Hrsg.): KWG und CRR, 3rd edition. 2015, Schaeffer Poeschel Verlag, commentary §§ 39 - 43 KWG (German Banking Act)
- Book review, Ring/Grziwotz/Keukenschrijver, BGB. Volume 3: Sachenrecht“, 3rd edition, in DNotZ Issue 1/2014
- Novelle des Pfandbriefgesetzes, in: Institutional Investment Real Estate Magazin, 2009 (Co-Autor)
- Pfandbrief-Novelle in Kraft: Neuregelungen verbessern Refinanzierungsmöglichkeiten, in: PLATOW-Brief No. 36, 2009 (Co-Autor)
- Die Sicherungsgrundschuld nach dem Risikobegrenzungsgesetz, in DNotZ 2008, 740
- Risikobegrenzungsgesetz: Viele Fragezeichen, in Cash, November 2008