Irene advises investors, financial institutions, developers and public bodies on complex real estate transactions, including large real estate portfolios with retail, office or residential buildings, as well as on commercial leases, real estate development and real estate finance. She also has extensive experience in the establishment of apartment and part- ownership or hereditary building rights.
Irene further works for high net-worth private clients and business owners in the administration and structuring of estates and the preparation of wills and powers of attorney, in particular regarding cross border and conflict of laws issues as well as questions of international inheritance law.
Being qualified as a German Attorney-at–law, Master of Laws (Cambridge University) and German civil law notary, Irene is well equipped for cross-border work and advises clients in many countries including the UK, USA and Australia.
In her practice as a civil law notary Irene is mainly involved with real estate and corporate work, including mergers and acquisitions, the establishment of companies and their reorganization, restructuring and transformation.
German Cambridge Society
President of the Berlin Bar Association from 2009 - 2012
- Luz/Neus/Schaber/Schneider/Wagner/Weber (Hrsg.): KWG und CRR, 3rd edition. 2015, Schaeffer Poeschel Verlag, commentary §§ 39 - 43 KWG (German Banking Act)
- Book review, Ring/Grziwotz/Keukenschrijver, BGB. Volume 3: Sachenrecht“, 3rd edition, in DNotZ Issue 1/2014
- Novelle des Pfandbriefgesetzes, in: Institutional Investment Real Estate Magazin, 2009 (Co-Autor)
- Pfandbrief-Novelle in Kraft: Neuregelungen verbessern Refinanzierungsmöglichkeiten, in: PLATOW-Brief No. 36, 2009 (Co-Autor)
- Die Sicherungsgrundschuld nach dem Risikobegrenzungsgesetz, in DNotZ 2008, 740
- Risikobegrenzungsgesetz: Viele Fragezeichen, in Cash, November 2008