Helen has acted for a wide variety of professionals, to include solicitors, barristers, auditors, accountants and brokers and their professional indemnity Insurers and has experience in dealing with coverage disputes on behalf of Insurers.
Examples of experience includes:
- Acting for firms of solicitors in a wide range of professional negligence disputes including: (i) under-settlement of litigation; (ii) failed litigation; (iii) conveyancing transactions; and (iv) breach of confidentiality.
- Acting for auditors in a large claim concerning the alleged failure to detect misappropriation of funds by a Director of the company client.
- Acting for many members of the Bar, including representing QC’s in a wide range of professional negligence disputes and Bar Standards Board complaints including: (i) under settlement of litigation; (ii) wasted costs claims; and (iii) failed litigation.
- Acting for Insurers in a variety of coverage disputes, to include disputes concerning scope of notification with reference to a solicitors’ policy and the Insured's duty of fair presentation.
- Secondment at an insurer as a Claim's Handler from February 2015 to December 2015. The majority of the claims involved solicitors’ policies.
- Helen contributes regularly to DWF Law LLP's Insurance Brief and has authored a number of published articles (details can be provided upon request).
- Helen is named in the Legal 500 as a "Key lawyer" within DWF's Professional Indemnity Team.