Gaynor is well versed in a broad range of insurance law matters. Gaynor’s clients include leading property and casualty insurers, international retail corporations, motor vehicle carriers, and leasing companies.
She has resolved many complex matters through informal negotiations and formal mediations. Where a swift, economic resolution has not been possible, Gaynor has protected her clients’ interests before all levels of British Columbia courts, juries, and specialized administrative tribunals.
Gaynor’s experience and knowledge, from decades of litigating in an array of specialty areas, has prepared her well for her practice as a mediator. Along with her technical understanding of litigated issues, she brings an intuitive and compassionate approach to mediation.
Gaynor is an active volunteer in the legal community. She is currently serving her second term as an elected Bencher of the Law Society of British Columbia, provides pro bono work, mentors students and young practitioners in the community, and regularly lectures on practice and mediation issues.
Outside of work, Gaynor loves to cheer her kids on in their sporting endeavours, travel, and share conversations and food with family and friends.
- Bencher of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1996
- Member of the ADR Institute of British Columbia
- Member of the ADR Institute of Canada
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (Civil Litigation, Insurance Law and Womens’ Law Forum Sections)
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Mentor for the Canadian Bar Association Women Lawyers Forum
- Mentor and Guest Lecturer at the Peter A. Allard School of Law
- Mentor for FACL BC (the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers)
- Volunteer with Lawyers’ Assistance Program
- Volunteer with Access Pro Bono
- Past Member of Advisory Committee to Judicial Council
- Past Member of the Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade executive
- Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award, 2018
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2021 (Insurance Law & Personal Injury Litigation)