Ewelina advises and represents local and foreign clients in litigation and arbitration regarding diverse commercial disputes as well as in arbitration proceedings conducted under international investment treaties such as BITs or ECT (acting for both investors and states). She has been extensively involved in representing clients in arbitral proceedings conducted under the rules of major international arbitration institutes, including ICC, SCC, and LCIA. Ewelina has substantial experience in the oil and gas, energy, aviation, real estate and construction sectors.
Ewelina supports Clients in a variety of high value matters, including cases involving contractual or statutory liability for non-performance or improper performance of the contract and unjust enrichment claims. She also assists Clients already at the stage of structuring investments and drafting of dispute resolution clauses tailored to specific contracts.
Ewelina holds an LL.M. degree in International Commercial Arbitration Law (ICAL) from the Stockholm University. She has authored and co-authored a number of publications on arbitration and she frequently speaks at international arbitration conferences. She also conducts lectures in International Commercial Arbitration Law and Investment Arbitration Law at International Summer Schools organized by Kozminski University. Recently Ewelina has been appointed as the Member of the Arbitration Committee of the Lewiatan Court of Arbitration in Warsaw.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- ICAL Alumni Association, Young ITA, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum, Young ICCA
- Member of the Arbitration Committee of the Court of Arbitration Lewiatan
- Who's Who Legal – Arbitration - 2021-2023 – Future Leaders – Non-Partners
- The Legal 500 Arbitration Powerlist: CEE 2023 – Leading arbitration practitioner
- The Legal 500 – EMEA - 2021-2022 – Poland – Dispute Resolution – Next Generation Partners
Ewelina Wętrys is a stand-out arbitration practitioner, a dream to work with. She combines experience, hands-on approach, commitment and efficiency. She really goes above and beyond what is expected to achieve excellent results in the case she is handling."
"Ewelina Wętrys quickly understands complex technical or commercial aspects of international disputes, identifies practical solutions and tailors the advice to the client’s business. She is my go-to person in arbitration cases with Polish law elements and she can definitely be entrusted with sophisticated and challenging cases.""
- Representing the European investor in the arbitration against the Central-European state in a dispute relating to renewable energy sector.
- Member of a team advising Canadian investors in a dispute against a Central European state concerning a mining project.
- Member of a team representing a Central European state in an ICSID(AF) investment dispute against U.S. investors related to fiscal measures.
- Member of a team advising Polish investors in a dispute against a Central European state concerning a petrochemical project.
- Representing a company from a construction sector in two ICC arbitral proceedings regarding disputes arising out of a joint-venture agreement concluded for a joint execution of construction works.
- Representing a company from a mining sector in the arbitration proceedings before the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce against a contractor responsible for expansion of a coal mechanical processing plant.
- Representing a foreign supplier in the ICC arbitration proceedings concerning a dispute arising out of a contract for implementation of a modern system for production of highly complex-shaped castings.
- Advising a foreign contractor from an oil and gas sector in the ICC arbitration proceedings concerning a dispute arising out of a contract for onshore drilling services.
- Representing the companies from a real estate sector in ICC arbitration proceedings in a dispute resulting from a failed sale transaction of the major shopping centres.
- Representing a company, one of the largest charter airline, in the LCIA arbitration with respect to the disputes arising out of a component support agreement concluded with an international provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers.
- Representing a company from the real estate sector in the proceedings for the setting aside of an arbitral award issued in a dispute with a contractor involved in the construction process of an exclusive department store.
- Representing a company from the oil and gas sector in the proceedings for the enforcement of a favourable ICC arbitral award issued against a mother company of a main Kazakh debtor under a contract for onshore drilling services.
- Representing a contractor from the construction sector in the enforcement proceedings of favourable ICC arbitral awards issued against a Macedonian company in disputes related to intra-JV settlements with respect to a highway construction contract.
- Representing a medical equipment supplier in a dispute for the anullment of several supply contracts commenced by the President of the Public Procurement Office.
- Representing a company from the energy sector in proceedings against an external consultant responsible for carrying out environmental and localisation research for the construction of the first nuclear power plant in a Central European state.
- Representing a company from the real estate sector in a dispute against the local government unit regarding compensation for the failure to timely issue a building permit.
- Representing a company from an aviation sector in litigation arising from European Payment Order granted for the benefit of a private European airline primarily providing ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, Insurance) services to other operators.
- Advising a leading Polish company from the oil and gas sector in the negotiation process of a large EPC contract.
- Advising a company from the chemical sector on the process of handling tort claims relating to the company's daily operations.
- Serving on secondment to a world leader contractor in the development of major projects in the energy and infrastructures sectors and advising on a wide range of civil and corporate matters arising out of a contract for the construction of the first liquefied natural gas terminal in a Central European state.