Ewelina Madej, attorney-at-law, is a Senior Associate at DWF Poland experienced in representing both multinational and domestic clients in various areas of law, especially in: copyright, new technologies law, personal data protection, privacy, trademark and unfair competition., Ewelina is a graduate of Law Studies, German Philology, and Postgraduate Studies in Intellectual Property Law. She advises clients on transactions regarding the acquisition of intellectual property rights. She provides various services such as legal due diligence, data protection audit, unfair competition litigation, recovery of domain names in domain name disputes, and other general corporate matters. She has extensive experience in representing clients in anti-piracy work based both on copyright and trademark law. Ewelina has also been involved in Internet piracy, licensing and new technology related issues.
- Attorney-at-law – The Warsaw Bar Association
- Advised and assisted one of the largest blue-chip capital groups in Poland on data processing and sharing issues.
- Advised and assisted in due diligence processes in regard to the acquisition of a popular social network and of a movie recommendation website and its user base.
- Advised and assisted in a due diligence process in regard to the takeover of a banking group (personal data protection - regulatory aspects).
- Advised and assisted in a data protection audit on behalf of an international pharmaceutical corporation.
- Advised on regulatory aspects related to the import of agricultural merchandises to Poland.
- Advised on regulatory aspects related to the launch of a food manufacturing plant.
- Assisted one of the largest banks in Poland in filing a personal data collection with the Polish Inspector General for the Personal Data Protection.
- Advised a leading insurance company in Poland on copyright issues in a contract for colocation services and lease of space for a data center.
- Advised and assisted a major international corporation in the recovery of domain names.
- Advised clients in preparing documentation for data processing.
- Participated in due diligence processes related to real estate.
- Assisted a client from the aerospace industry with respect to the purchase of real estate by foreigners in Poland.
- Advised and assisted Polish film distributors in various copyright and corporate related issues.
- Advised and assisted major Polish perfume producers in unfair competition litigation.
- Assisted a major entertainment company on corporate issues.
- Advised and assisted major clients in daily anti-counterfeiting work based both on copyright and trademark law.
- Prepare applications for customs protection for major clients.
- Cooperate with IP enforcement bodies on behalf of major clients.