Dan has participated in hundreds of mediations, successfully resolving complex multi-party product liability claims, sexual abuse claims, and catastrophic injury claims.
He appeared in the Supreme Court of Canada in a case that will dictate how judges across Canada render their decisions. Dan achieves outstanding results for his clients by thinking outside of the box and paving non-traditional paths to resolution. He is always conscious of his client’s well-being, considerate of the level of care they need, and takes all the necessary measures to protect their privacy and interests. If the case is one that needs to go to Trial to get the best results Dan is up to the challenge.
He will not shy away from a tough fight. He has achieved tremendous results for his clients at trial. Having said this, if the case can be resolved to the client’s satisfaction outside the court room Dan will find the way.
Dan’s free time revolves primarily around his family, Cooper, Talia, and Ruthie and, in particular, their interest in the arts, sports and their understanding of why the world is the way it is and most importantly Dan’s belief that the world is what we make of it.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1994
- Former Executive Member of the Canadian Bar Association Civil Litigation Section
- Former President of the Canadian Bar Association Construction Section
- Former Executive of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution and Insurance Law Sections
- Former Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada from 2014 – 2023 (Insurance Law & Personal Injury Law)
- Martindale Hubble Peer Review Distinguished Rating