ExperienceAs the Managing Director of DWF in Australia, Damien is committed to doing things differently for our people and our clients and to growing the DWF business in Australia.
In addition to being Managing Director, Damien is a recognised expert in all facets of insurance law. He has developed a niche expertise in latent onset lung disease cases, asbestos litigation and fraud prosecutions. Damien was rated by the Doyle’s Guide as one of two preeminent lawyers in workers’ compensation (Defendant) claims in Queensland.
During his career Damien has acted for a wide array of insurance clients, in personal injury and casualty claims, including WorkCover, self-insurers, public liability insurers and CTP insurers. In addition, Damien is experienced in professional indemnity claims acting for professional indemnity insurers and medical defence funds.
With a Masters of Law specialising in insurance litigation and alternative dispute resolution, Damien is recognised within the insurance industry as a leading Australian lawyer, known to be a skilled litigator and negotiator in catastrophic and sensitive high value claims. Damien adopts a pragmatic and commercial approach to insurance claims, is valued for his attention to detail and his ability to lead his team in driving the best possible client outcomes in the shortest possible timeframe.
Outside of work Damien enjoys running, cycling and watching his two boys play sport.
- Included in the Best Lawyers Australia list for Insurance Law, 2021
- Included in the Best Lawyers Australia list for Personal Injury Litigation, 2021
- Included in the Best Lawyers Australia list for Litigation, 2020 - 2021
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Compulsory Third Party Insurance Lawyer (Defendant) (Queensland), 2017 - 2020
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Public & Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) (Queensland), 2017 - 2020
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Dust Disease Lawyer (Defendant) (Queensland), 2016 - 2020
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Workers Compensation & WorkCover Lawyer (Defendant) (Queensland), 2015 – 2020
- Queensland Law Society
- Medicolegal Society
- The Australian Insurance Law Association