Ciaran has advised in respect of all aspects of legal work in relation to public sector commercial, contractual and procurement matters. His work includes taking instructions in respect of joint working arrangements between voluntary sector, private commercial, local government and health organisations. Examples of his work include:
- Senior legal advisor on a £billion pseudo dynamic purchasing system for care services, the largest commissioning arrangement of the authority at that time.
- Advising in respect of partnering arrangements with health authorities and third sector organisations.
- Advising on multi-million pound and multi-provider framework agreements.
- Advising on high value, complex contractual, procurement and commercial matters.
- Advising local authority executives and directors on a range of issues, including in respect of matters in response to the covid-19 pandemic, changes to commissioning and payment arrangements of procurement frameworks and in response to changes to the laws which impact on services.
- Advising on and drafting partnership agreements with other local authorities in respect of high value highways and construction matters.
- Advising on and the drafting of grant agreements.
- Drafting contracts and legal documents in relation to high value commercial agreements in respect of local government services.
- Drafting local authority meeting and executive reports.
- Conducting commercial and contractual negotiations with private sector companies, the NHS, voluntary sector providers and other local government bodies.
- Lawyers in Local Government
- International In-house Counsel Journal Vol.15, No. 59, Spring 2022, 1 International In-house Counsel Journal ISSN 1754-0607 print/ISSN 1754-0607 online Separate Legal Personality