Acting for reinsurers on D&O claim presented for cover to the primary excess layer following the commencement of US proceedings against insured officers appointed to the board of a joint venture entity.
Advising reinsurers on coverage issues arising under an operational material damage and business interruption policy following a mechanical failure of equipment at an onshore energy plant.
Advising insurers on coverage under a professional indemnity policy for alleged defective design acts and omissions by the insured contractor in a construction project in Europe.
Acting for liability insurers following the fire at the Address Downtown Dubai hotel.
Representing a major shipping line and their fixed and floating objects insurers in a landmark decision before the Dubai World Tribunal establishing the ability of the ship owners and their insurers to limit their liability under local law.
Representing hull insurers in English Commercial Court litigation in claim for indemnity following piratical seizure of the insured vessel.
Representing Builders All Risks insurers in proceedings before the local courts on the measure of indemnity available under the policy.
Advising major regional petroleum and petrochemicals traders on trading / shipping agreements and disputes.
"Brian Boahene is frank and provides unbiased opinions which are vindicated by the courts."
Chambers and Partners:
"Brian Boahene has a focus on maritime insurance disputes, in which field he regularly advises ship and cargo owners as well as insurance companies and P&I clubs. His clients appreciate that he is “responsive, provides excellent advice and is always reachable.”
- Acting for liability insurers against other insurer interests in contribution proceedings before the local courts following damage to the main contractor’s equipment
- Advising insurer interests on coverage for COVID-19 claims arising in the hospitality and property management sectors.
- Advising the main contractor on the scope of coverage available to the main contractor and waiver of subrogation issues under the principal controlled WINDCAR policy for a substantial renewables project
- Acting for subrogating business interruption insurers following vessel damage to offshore energy facilities
- Acting for business interruption/loss of rent insurers and the insured following fire to a substantial shopping mall in the Middle East
- Representing marine hull insurers in English Commercial Court proceedings relating to alleged sue and labour expenses incurred following the disappearance on the insured vessel under tow